Sunday, October 26, 2014

Banksy Project

The point of this project was basically interpret an artists art and do a piece like they would. I had the artist Banksy who was a very political artist who often used stencil and did graffiti type artwork such as this one.








When we were asked to interpret and recreate the artists art, I noticed that in almost all of his art he used mostly black and white and one color which was usually red. He also always had political meaning. For my piece of art I took the style aspect instead of the meaning and created this piece of art.
My inspiration came from this piece of Banksy's art. This piece of a solider with music notes coming out of his gun has a lot of meaning to it but I chose to look at it more in how he did this. The solider is black and white with the backgrounds different shades and the notes are a different color than the rest.
 I feel that I did a good job at recreating the aspects of his artwork

No comments:

Post a Comment