Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Clay Project


Taco Clay Assignment

For this clay project my table was given the lunch category and I chose to do tacos. I thought this piece turned out alright. This isn't my favorite medium but the project wasn't too bad. I think the only thing I didn't like about my project was the plate. I had trouble making it the first few times so the final time I took a paper plate and laid it down. I took the clay to the slab roller and flattened it and then laid that over the plate and cut off the excess. I guess I didn't smooth out the edges enough because the edges were uneven and dried weird. We also had the option to add this glossy overcoat to highlight certain parts of the piece. I chose to do this to highlight the taco shell, the plate and the lettuce. I realized later that it would have made more sense to add the overcoat to the tomatoes also which is something I wish I had done. But for the most part this project was okay. Clay is a lot of hand work and takes more patience than just drawing which is what I personally prefer. I find that it is much easier for me to look at a picture of something or an example and then draw it rather than to have to make a 3D model of something. This wasn't my best work for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment