Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Jolly Rancher Blog


Jolly Rancher Assignment

For this project we were also given a Jolly Rancher and asked to recreate it on a piece of construction paper but with oil pastels this time. I really didn't like this project because oil pastels are one of my least favorite mediums. It took me so many times to even get an okay looking Jolly Rancher. Once again we were asked to give it value and highlights. Mine did not turn out the way I wanted it to at all. I just couldn't get mine to look realistic. Part of that was probably recreating the transparency of the wrapper to look real on the paper. Especially on the black paper, imitating the creases on the sides of the wrapper and making it look like it twisted and giving all of that value was kind of difficult for me. The lettering for this one was a bit easier for me than the Dum Dum project but I still didnt think this one was as fun as the lollipop assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment