Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Mixed Media Blog

Mixed Media Project

This project was for sure my favorite project we did all year. I really enjoyed this assignment because it was different from any of the other ones we had done. I liked that for the most part we could make it about anything. I really like collages because they're just a huge compilation of whatever you want and I think its a great form of expression. For this one we had to choose a theme from the list provided and make a collage type thing from cut outs of magazines. The theme that I chose to do was a nature/forest kind of thing I guess. For the sky I cut out a lot blue and orange sunset kind of pictures and as it went down the page it transformed from sunsets to mountains and then to forest and animals. On the top right side of the page I decided to add a huge tree to change the perspective of the picture. Now it looked like you were seeing the sky and mountains through the leaves of the tree and that extended down the page. Further down on the right I also added in a body of water to fit the theme. I think the coolest thing about my piece are the little hidden things that you exactly see when first looking at it. The picture has depth and you really have to look into it to see all the hidden people and animals and just the little details. This piece was originally one of my practices that ended up really working out and turned out nice. I initially had two other practices but they were not as good as this one. I gave up on the first one and never finished it or went back to it because I just didn't like how it was coming out. It took me a few times to really get good at this but once I grasped it, it definitely got easier. I had a lot of fun with this project. 
First practice piece 
Second Practice Piece
Final Piece


No comments:

Post a Comment